Wednesday, September 26, 2007

ZAIDO and the galactic shit

I'm an open true -blue Shaider fanatic. This show has been responsible in making the building blocks of my formative years.


That's the reason why I'm so ecstatic when GMA decided to do a remake. Well, my excitement shrank into an indiscernible form of matter when I saw the premiere. The show turned out to be a cheap rip-off. A total eye sore:

Here's why:

- I agree with my friend Jun, I hate the costume especially the helmet, it's like a cheap-robocop-wannabe-cum-highschool-project went wrong.

- The plot wasn't really well thought of, they did not even explain HOW and WHY on earth did lei'ar came back from what should've been his inexorable death two decades ago.

- Shaider fought evil galactic forces during the 80's (in fact, that's the setting of the series) suddenly he has descendants? Gallian, played by Dennis Trillo, happens to be the grandson of Alexis (WTF?). I'm expecting that this should be atleast explained with some sort of mystical cosmic blackhole intervening the galaxy and .. uhmm.. whatevs!

- The special effects made me wanna puke in front of the TV, the 1980's version is far better. On top of that, the new Kuuma Lei'ar looks familiar... reminds me of ANAK NI JANICE!

- Alexis has a pretty side kick, named Annie. This time its Gallian and the sexy sidekick - AMY... mind you, they're both wearing yellow and their families were victims of the galactic war. WOW, a truly moronic television coincidence.

- And because its Filipino made (kapuso particularly) then expect that the story line is 5% action, 10% has a poverty-prinsipyo element and 85% love story, total of ... 100% CHEESINESS. I mean, the original did not even focus on the Annie-Alexis love flick. What are they trying to do?

I can't believe I withstood the 1 hour pilot episode, I almost had an epileptic attack. GMA is making the legend look trashy by literally shitting on it.
I just hope that there will be an Anti-ZAIDO rally soon blocking the senate building or marching across EDSA.


But there's one commendable thing. Paolo Ballesteros is sooooo pretty as Ida. I bet its a dream come true! (good thing they dropped the disco ball head dress)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the "disco" ball headdress was what made IDA, IDA. lol